Be a key driver on BASF’s path to digitalisation by supporting existing products and initiatives as well as innovate additional digital solutions that supports BASF’s global businesses.
At BASF Digital Hub Madrid we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes, helping to strengthen BASF´s position as the digital leader in the chemical industry. We believe the right path is through creativity, trial and error and great people working and learning together. Become part of our team and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities.
What you can expect:
Our Manufacturing Data Integration team offers solutions for connecting devices, machines and systems from BASF`s production environment to the digital world. Data connectivity is the essential foundation for every digital application – we deliver manufacturing data with innovative and high available integration technology to enable BASF’s digital applications.
Your main responsibilities:
- You will work as a developer in our DevOps team on global solutions for the integration of process data from the field level to the cloud.
- You will further develop the existing and future solution landscape based on the needs of our production, your tasks will cover the entire spectrum: requirements analysis, specification and implementation of the solution, as well as system and integration tests, up to commissioning, support and quality assurance.
- The focus of your work is the continuous development of a sustainable, scalable and flexible infrastructure for data integration. You will use inhouse-developed software solutions as well as products from external suppliers to design data integration between complex, heterogeneous and proprietary system landscapes.
- You transfer the methodological core of agile software development to your daily work.
- You support the team to improve the software development and guide it professionally by contributing your experience and communicating concepts.
- You participate in active market observation, technology and trend scouting in the field of data integration, software engineering and design patterns, Big Data stream processing and IoT.
Our main requirements:
- Successfully completed degree in computer science or equivalent, and at least 2 years of software development experience, preferably in .NET, python and LUA.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with real-time data acquisition, Web development, (dashboarding, web interfaces,…) and API handling (e.g. REST), data integration, machine-to-machine communication, message brokers and streaming interfaces, preferably from a production environment.
- Knowledge of hybrid cloud architectures, e.g., using Azure services, such as Event Hub, IoT Hub, API Gateway, as well as edge computing with container-based applications.
- Knowledge and experience with modern programming environments and frameworks, CI/CD pipelines, event-driven, service-oriented software architectures, and agile development approaches to integrate products from external vendors and to develop own solutions where no external, suitable products exist.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with external suppliers to drive the development of the deployed external products.
- Knowledge of database (SQL, MongoDB), Big Data, network topologies and IoT technologies.
- Fluent in English, German knowledge is a plus, strong teamwork and communication skills, confident demeanor and initiative, as well as analytical thinking skills and a structured way of working.
- You enjoy working in a motivated team of technology experts, driving innovative solutions, promoting mutual exchange, a good team atmosphere and actively contributing to achieve common goals.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the OT domain (PLC, DCS, SCADA, process industry automation systems in general).
What’s in it for you:
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Flexible work schedule and Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- 30 holiday days per year.
- A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment.
- Being part of an international team and work in global projects.
- Relocation assistance to Madrid provided.
Find out more about BASF as an employer