At BASF Digital Hub Madrid we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes, helping to strengthen BASF´s position as the digital leader in the chemical industry. We believe the right path is through creativity, trial and error and great people working and learning together. Become part of our team and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities.
What you can expect
Our team “Artificial Intelligence (AI) Solutions for Supply and Value Chains” develops innovative solutions to derive insights from data that support better and faster business decisions. We implement data-driven solutions in its complete lifecycle for users in supply chain management around the world.
Your main responsibilities:
- You will build and maintain graphs and related applications from data and information, using latest graph technologies to leverage high value use cases.
- You will build and extend smart frontends to utilize the data of the graph and facilitate business usage.
- You will translate requirements of business functions like supply chain, managerial accounting, marketing and production into “Graph-Thinking”.
- You will integrate graph techniques for innovative AI solutions.
- You will collaborate intensively with our colleagues in a global BASF team.
- You will work in an international and agile DevOps environment.
- You will improve our AI solutions with regards to user interfaces, graph modelling, data quality management and adoption.
- You will support industrialization of AI Solutions.
Our main requirements:
- A Master degree in the field of computer science, mathematics, life sciences, chemistry, or related discipline with at least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- A Bachelor degree in the field of computer science, mathematics, life sciences, chemistry, or related discipline with at least 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Sound understanding and experience with use of graph databases, graph algorithms and data integration at large scale in complex business networks. Preferably with Neo4j or Graphistry.
- Practical work experience (3+ years) in the development of ontologies, ideally in combination with complex data schemes and data modelling.
- Practical (hands-on) experience in programming with Python, Cypher and Java, preferably Angular 8.x .
- Experience in data integration, ETL processes, and linked data applications using tools like Microsoft Databricks, Kettle and Docker.
- Business consulting and technical consulting skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to foster a positive and energized culture.
- A growth mindset with a curiosity to learn and improve.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- You can demonstrate fluent communication skills in English (spoken and
Nice to have:
- Understanding of natural sciences and/or the chemical industry.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software, e. g. SAP and OMP
- Experience working in agile (Scrum knowledge appreciated) with a DevOps mindset
- German language skill.
What’s in it for you:
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Flexible work schedule and Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- 30 holiday days per year.
- A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment.
- Being part of an international team and work in global projects.
- Relocation assistance to Madrid provided.
- Working on cutting edge technologies on exciting digitalization projects in the area of Artificial Intelligence.
- Being part of a truly global team, which is living inclusion by gender, age, education and cultural background.
Find out more about BASF as an employer