At BASF Digital Hub Madrid we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes, helping to strengthen BASF´s position as the digital leader in the chemical industry. We believe the right path is through creativity, trial and error and great people working and learning together. Become part of our team and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities.
What you can expect:
As part of our Secure Platform Operations product, you will operate a high-security infrastructure for BASF’s most critical infrastructure services. The area of responsibility covers the entire lifecycle of the infrastructure, including consulting, design, construction, and further development.
Your main responsibilities:
- As part of a team of specialists, you will be working within the Linux service line / infrastructure.
- You support the analysis and resolution of complex incidents and independently drive improvement measures.
- You are responsible for the continuous further development of the operational and security measures used.
- You are responsible for the hardening and operation of the operating systems used.
- You plan, install, configure, and commission complex IT systems (Hardware/Software).
- You always question the security of your systems and check them in cooperation with external partners.
- Service requests and problems are driven with the highest priority and solved with all necessary units and external partners.
- You will be part of an on-call duty planning.
Our main requirements:
- You have successfully completed your technical education with a focus on computer science and have acquired several years of professional experience in the IT environment, especially in the operation of server platforms in the enterprise environment.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience in enterprise-class datacenter environments
- You can prove your distinctive knowledge in IT security through practical experience and ideally corresponding certifications.
- Linux: SLES 12/15, SCE, RHEL 7/8, RHCSA
- Bash and Phyton scripting
- Loadbalancer F5
- In addition, you know ITIL and have already successfully applied the framework.
- Furthermore, you have experience with authentication & authorization infrastructure within Linux systems and are familiar with access and authorization management.
- In the area of virtualization software, you can apply your sound knowledge (e.g. in the programs vSphere and vCenter) in an exciting work environment.
- You will have experience working in an Enterprise environment and supporting large and complex environments. You are familiar with cooperation and division of labour with several providers.
- Very good spoken and written English proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high competence to influence the team to drive for results.
- Experiencing Agile way of working or agile implementation approach.
What’s in it for you:
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Flexible work schedule and Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Learning and development opportunities
- 30 holiday days per year
- A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment
- Being part of an international team and work in global projects
- Relocation assistance to Madrid provided
Find out more about BASF as an employer