At BASF Digital Hub Madrid we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes, helping to strengthen BASF´s position as the digital leader in the chemical industry. We believe the right path is through creativity, trial and error and great people working and learning together. Become part of our team and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities.
What you can expect
Join our Knowledge Architecture group, an interdisciplinary team of experts. Support us in making essential knowledge digital to drive business and innovation. Unleash the potential of knowledge graphs constructed from data and information, using latest technologies for visualization, analytics, and prediction.
Your main responsibilities:
• Operate and further enhance our next generation distributed graph technology stack build on latest open source frameworks; it provides highly scalable graph storage, processing, visualization, analytics, and predictions for different applications at BASF.
• Ensure reliable data ingestion from multiple source systems, for example using semantic data mappings and large-scale distributed data processing using graph algorithms and graph neural networks applied to the knowledge graphs hosted on the platform
• Support the development of new kinds of applications with business impact based on knowledge graphs
• Protect the system integrity and data confidentiality applying state-of-the-art security concepts and technologies, enable observability for machine learning pipelines
• Maximize automation using infrastructure as code
• You should be excited about latest technological developments and willing to stretch the limits of computation, for example with GPU accelerated data science
• You will work in a global and agile project environment and complement an interdisciplinary, distributed team of experts with your passion and experience.
Our main requirements:
• Degree in computer science, mathematics, bioinformatics, or related
• Deep experience in DevOps for secure, complex distributed systems using infrastructure as code in cloud native environments
• Excellent skills in Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes, Docker
• Practical experience in security scanning and patching containers for vulnerabilities
• Experience in performance analysis and optimization, network engineering and troubleshooting
• Solid experience in state-of-the-art software engineering, test driven development; fluent in building and operating CI/CD in cloud environments
• Programming skills in Python
• Excellent analytical skills with focus on problem solving
• Ability to perform in globally distributed project teams using agile development
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
Nice to have:
• Experience with highly scalable graph systems
• Experience with parallel data processing, graph databases, graph algorithms or deep learning frameworks for graph processing, for example Spark, Databricks, Graphistry, Streamlit, Ray, Dask, FastAPI, Pulsar, Arrow/Parquet, GPU acceleration (RAPIDS)
• Understanding the use of ontologies for semantic data models and standards like RDFS, OWL, SPARQL, SHACL, OBO, SKOS
What’s in it for you:
• A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
• Flexible work schedule and Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
• Learning and development opportunities
• 30 holiday days per year
• A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment
• Being part of an international team and work in global projects
• Relocation assistance to Madrid provided
Find out more about BASF as an employer