Be a key driver on BASF’s path to digitalisation by supporting existing products and initiatives as well as innovate additional digital solutions that supports BASF’s global businesses.
At BASF Digital Hub Madrid we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes, helping to strengthen BASF´s position as the digital leader in the chemical industry. We believe the right path is through creativity, trial and error and great people working and learning together. Become part of our team and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities.
What you can expect
Our unit TM surface transportation, freight sourcing and costing supports BASF’s shared service organization and operating divisions in efficient processes and applications transportation management, freight sourcing, costing and settlement. The product team’s responsibilities include to run, consult, design and deliver state of the art digital solutions both in SAP R/3 (LE-TRA) and SAP S4 TM.
Your main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• As integral part of the product team you take an active role in the design and
implementation of solutions in transportation management area.
• You apply your skills in development and configuration, using design and coding
best practices to build high-quality components and solutions.
• You align functional and process requirements with internal Business Partners,
Product Owners and Solution Architects and translate them into the necessary
IT-language and jointly prepare design approaches for implementation.
• You will foster digitalization and automation of transportation management in all
phases of the DevOps cycle.
• You contribute to project planning and cost estimations.
• Coordination of external suppliers.
Our main requirements:
• A Bachelor or master’s degree in relevant Business/IT studies with at least 4 years of experience in a similar role.
• At least 4 years of experience in ABAP and ABAP OO preferred with knowledge in transportation management.
• High level of expertise in SAP S4 TM, SAP Fiory, DRF, Webservices, CDS, OData and/or SAP TM relevant documents and outputs.
• Basic knowledge about interface technologies such as KAFKA, web services, etc.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to foster a positive and energized culture.
• A growth mindset with a curiosity to learn and improve.
• Team player with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• You can demonstrate fluent communication skills in English (spoken and written).
• Experience working in agile with a DevOps mindset; Scrum knowledge appreciated.
What’s in it for you:
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
- Adequate compensation according to your qualifications and experience.
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Flexible work schedule and Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- 30 holiday days per year.
- A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment.
- Being part of an international team and work in global projects.
- Relocation assistance to Madrid provided.
- Working on cutting edge SAP S/4 technologies on exciting digitalization projects in a complex and diverse TM landscape.
Find out more about BASF as an employer